PosiDev Developer Powder for Positive Plates
- Powder form makes it easier to store than liquids.
- Readily soluble in water.
- Contains sequestering agents so that normal supply of water can be used to dissolve the powder.
- Diluted developer gives good results by hand, tank or automatic plate processor with excellent dot reproduction and fidelity.
- Excellent consumption rates – up to 4m2 / litre by hand development and 10m2 / litre by plate processors.
- Compatible with most aqueous developed positive presensitised plates.
To prepare the developer: Dissolve 1 Packet of Posidev 300 Powder in 5 liters (approx. 1 Gallon) of water at room temperature. Store in a closed container.
For hand development: Place the plate on a clean Table / bench. Use about 250 ml developer per m2 of plate. Spread the solution evenly over the plate with a developing pad or sponge. When the developer becomes exhausted, and darkens in color remove it with a squeegee and apply a small amount of fresh developer to ensure a good clean plate. Use at 20°C. (Recommended temperature range between 18 - 24°C.) Keep the developer container closed after use.
For processor development: Fill the processor or tank to the correct level and use as indicated in the equipment manual.
Storage & Handling: Store at moderate temperatures in a dry, well - ventilated area. Protect from direct sunlight. Keep the containers tightly closed. The use of gloves is strongly recommended while developing the plate manually.
Shelf-life: 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Packing: 300 gms.
Precaution: Avoid skin and eye contact. A wider temperature range can be tolerated but higher temperatures may attack the image area and lower temperatures may require longer development time.